Powered by Blogger.

the new living room

As you might have seen in my recent YT video, I got the insane urge to update the living room. I wanted it to be a space where I could come home and be sure that it reflects my personal style and became a spot where I could gain inspiration--have some wine after a long day and host friends in. Read more to see how I transformed my space.
After creating countless mood boards, the feel was something that was neutral (of course), mid-century modern, yet not too modern that it wouldn't feel cozy. Cozy is always of upmost importance. I was very much inspired by The Apartment by the Line in Soho, just something clean, sophisticated, yet comfortable. I also had a crazy couch in mind--just something that would pop and maybe a little 'unusual'. Which led me into purchasing this velvet, amber-toned number.







Since the living room doesn't get natural light (this apartment was converted into a 2 bedroom--therefore a wall was built to separate the second bedroom from the living room), I wanted a white rug to separate the brown furniture from the very dark wood floor. I kept the rest of the touches cream/white and I am going with gold accents to make it more modern. The silver lamp (from IKEA) will be replaced soon by a gold one, but for now I can't be bothered. 








I had so much fun adding texture to the space as well--marble, that wood and stone side table by the chair (from Home Goods, how crazy) and the pillows and throws. Any fur is not real, by the way! I just think faux fur adds a certain cozy texture. 

The space isn't 100% done just yet, I am getting a table to go behind the couch (you'll see what I mean). I still would like to add some foliage or greenery as well. I am so happy with how it looks so far. It seriously might be my favorite room. I am also just ecstatic that it is a space that reflects my personal style, and not just a dingy living room with a dirty couch that we used to have. 

If you want details about anything, just comment below! Let me know what you think x 


29 comments

  1. Looks so good! Thank you for the inspiration ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. That couch is perfect! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute cozy space you got there!

    x
    StephC

    http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super retro, I love it!!

    https://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some big leaf plants would look great 💫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg exactly what I was thinking!!!! Need to get some!

      Delete
  6. Your living room looks so cozy! I love that marble table.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is the couch from?! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room looks great and it is VERY you! x Rona

    ReplyDelete
  9. The table looks much better in the living room!! Lol now you have space in your room!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha you know it!!!! More shoots galore!!

      Delete
  10. Simple and beautiful space :) it would be so relaxing to sit in there on a chilly night with a blanket, tea, a magazine and some company!

    raquelmarieee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhh I love that scenario so so much, hopefully it will happen when fall finally comes around :)

      Delete
  11. Omg it is so incredibly beautiful!!! So cozy and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Where are your candle stick holders from?

    www.theTLblog.com

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Where are your marble bookstands from? (not featured in these pictures)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I got them from Home Goods actually! x

      Delete
  14. Love your apartment! Any advice for someone searching for an apartment in nyc?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where is the marble side table from? x

    ReplyDelete